At EXKAL, expanding the scope of CSR, we have acceded to the United Nations Global Compact in October 2019. Adherence to the Global Compact has been a voluntary initiative of ethical commitment, aimed at welcoming as an integral part of our strategy and operations, principles of conduct and action regarding Human and Labor Rights, Environmental Rights and the fight against corruption.
Next, we break down the 10 principles signed in the Global Compact:
- Support and respect the protection of universally recognized fundamental human rights.
- Ensure that they are not complicit in the violation of human rights.
- Support freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- Contribute to the elimination of all forms of forced or compulsory labor.
- Support the eradication of child labor.
- Support the abolition of discriminatory practices in employment and occupation.
- Maintain a preventive approach that favors the environment.
- Promote initiatives that promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Promote the development and dissemination of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Companies must work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
We are committed to making the Global Compact and its principles part of the strategy, culture and daily actions of our company, as well as getting involved in cooperative projects that contribute to the wider United Nations Development goals, in particular the Objectives of Sustainable Development. Exkal will clearly communicate this commitment to our Stakeholders and the general public.